Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiiab93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 160L tank and I have 6 balloon mollies and 10 neon tetras. how many more fish could I fit in? I was hoping to fit another group of some kind of small peaceful schooling fish in. any suggestions on what kind and how many more without over stocking the tank? THANKYOU!

I already have 2 bristle nose catfish so don't need any more bottom feeders really. Would a group of zebra danios be ok in with the mollies and tetras? How many? and maybe add a few more neons tetras to their group? help please someone!!!! I had angels before this so I don't know much about these small peaceful schooling fish

zebra danios would be a good add i think..... you could add a lot of choices.. I have 10 neon tetras, 3 dalmatian mollies, 3 rummynose tetras (plan on getting more) , 6 rasboras, 3 swordtails (would like more they are entertaining) .. 2 angels.

this may help you decide on things,, PETCO.com - Freshwater Compatibility Chart

hope it helps

Hatchetfish
Black skirt tetra
+1 for harliquin rasboras
Cherry barb
Tiger barb ( can be nippy )
Rainbowfish ( especially bosemani rainbow)

I already have 2 bristle nose catfish so don't need any more bottom feeders really. Would a group of zebra danios be ok in with the mollies and tetras? How many? and maybe add a few more neons tetras to their group? help please someone!!!! I had angels before this so I don't know much about these small peaceful schooling fish

I don't like zebra danios because they seem to live only a short while compared to others IMO.

I would suggest using aqadvisor.com. It will tell you how full your tank is and you can select the type of fish you want and it will tell you whether or not it is compatible with your current fish.:D Hope this helps.

Hi everyone, I ended up getting 5 serape tetras. very happy with my decision they are great to watch they've been very active so far and look beautiful in with all my other fish. :)

What are some larger quicker growing freshwater fish I could stock with a rtc. Carl's only a month or two old so I got some time before he becomes an enemy to all. But i need something that'll compete in growth and also would get along? If that's possible.

What are some larger quicker growing freshwater fish I could stock with a rtc. Carl's only a month or two old so I got some time before he becomes an enemy to all. But i need something that'll compete in growth and also would get along? If that's possible.

Um..... Whose Carl? And what is rtc?

Umm red tailed catfish get really really big. 40 gallons is not enough. They grow to 4-5 feet

Back
Top Bottom