Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would stick with just one pair of german blue rams as they tend to fight when there are more than one pair to a tank.

I would also skip the shark as they can be nippy and you wouldn't want the angel's fins to get damaged.

Some schooling fish suggestions:
Rainbows
Harlequin Rasbora
Rummynose Tetras
Cardinal Tetras
Cory Cats
Platies
Mollies

I'm hoping to get a breeding pair of GBRs. Should I buy a couple and just return the unpaired ones? I'm thinking about rummy nose idk if my LFS sells them. I'm also considering getting a breeding pair of angels so should I also get a couple of platinums and do the same with the unpaired ones?

GBRs are easily sexable so I wouldnt worry about trying to get multiple pairs.

However, angels aren't. You can try getting 4 or 5 juvenile platinum angels and just rehome the rest once 2 of them pair off.

I have been able to pair off a pair of common Altums, but I've heard it's harder to do with platinums.

I never had luck with Rummynose Tetras for some reason. They always died on me. A hardy, but often overlooked fish that I've had tons of luck with are Bentos Tetras. Other opinions include the larger varieties of Rainbowfish like Boesemani Rainbows. I HIGHLY recommend Threadfin Rainbowfish if you would want smaller fish, but I've never kept them with Angelfish. I doubt they would do well with any freshwater shark.

Back
Top Bottom