Stocking!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson_004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my 25 gal should finished cycling in a few days and i was wondering what would some good ideas for fish be?i want colourful fish, size isnt really a big concern as long as there not too small.thanks for any replies!!!

A small school of tetras, a couple dwarf cichlids and either a dwarf pleco, small school of corydoras or loaches would look excellent.

The tetras could be: Black skirt, Serpaes, rummynoses.

The dwarf cichlids: Bolivan Rams, German Blue Rams.

The pleco: Rubberlip, Bristlenose.

The corydoras are too numerous to name in this thread but Julii's are my favorite.

Loaches are up for grabs but Clowns are cool.

Dwarf Gouramis are really colorful and stay small enough for a 25 gallon.. maybe you could get 1 male for like a centerpiece fish.

I like the dwarf Gourami idea as the center piece with a school of small tetras and maybe 3 cories or so. That way you have all levels of the tank covered, as well as having very pretty and active fish.

make it like a school of 6 cories.. they are awesome.. and 6-8 tetras of some sort. Also, check out the small varieties of plecos... or a school of oto's for algae control.

no clowns for you - they grow to a foot long, so that tank is way too small. but i second the tetras, corys, and gourami.

Hi,

If you go for a Gourami as suggest above I would avoid the Black Skirt and the Serpae.

They are fin nippers and with just one Gourami in the tank he will be a little isolated and take all the flak from the tetras, causing undue stress, which leads to illness.

A good alternative to the tetras would be a school of 6 - 8 Harlequin Rasbora. Similar colours to the Black Skirts and Serpae but totally placid and no threat to your Gourami's finange.

steve

Back
Top Bottom