Stocking 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffmik_2008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking about restocking a 75 gallon to have the following:
2 GBR
2 Fire mouths
4 serpae tetras
4 kuhli loaches
Maybe some gold rams
1 clown pleco
Maybe a twig catfish

I hear mix things about GBR and how they can be aggressive and the same way with the firemouths. I'm trying to get a good consensus. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

I would bump the tetra schools and khulis up for sure and stick to one type of ram to start and let the settle into a territory. As for the fire mouths, I have no idea

I wouldn't add the serpae tetras because some people say that they are highly aggressive

If the serpae tetras are in a large enough group, they should (in theory) keep their aggression to their own school members. You need a group of 8+ for this though, not just 4. Also, the khulis will hide most of the time and you'll never see them in that size tank unless kept in a large group (again, 8+).

For the Rams, GBRs and gold rams are two color morphs of the same species, so they have equal aggression levels. You do have space for 2 pairs, but make sure you add both pairs at the same time or else they'll fight until the other pair is dead. I've never kept firemouths so I can't comment on their aggression.

Back
Top Bottom