Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Stocking 75 gallon

I am thinking about restocking a 75 gallon to have the following:
2 GBR
2 Fire mouths
4 serpae tetras
4 kuhli loaches
Maybe some gold rams
1 clown pleco
Maybe a twig catfish

I hear mix things about GBR and how they can be aggressive and the same way with the firemouths. I'm trying to get a good consensus. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stocking 75 gallon

I would bump the tetra schools and khulis up for sure and stick to one type of ram to start and let the settle into a territory. As for the fire mouths, I have no idea

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't add the serpae tetras because some people say that they are highly aggressive

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

If the serpae tetras are in a large enough group, they should (in theory) keep their aggression to their own school members. You need a group of 8+ for this though, not just 4. Also, the khulis will hide most of the time and you'll never see them in that size tank unless kept in a large group (again, 8+).

For the Rams, GBRs and gold rams are two color morphs of the same species, so they have equal aggression levels. You do have space for 2 pairs, but make sure you add both pairs at the same time or else they'll fight until the other pair is dead. I've never kept firemouths so I can't comment on their aggression.

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, gallon, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com