Stocking 87 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I can't help it. I go to one of my lfs stores (it's a Petsmart but they keep GREAT care with their fish here)...anyways they have neons on sale again. They are my downfall because they are beautiful to watch when there are a lot of them together. I was thinking of getting like 20-25 of them for my 87 gallon. It houses some black skirt tetras, roseline barbs, gold metallic barbs, 2 small spiny eels, 5 rainbow fish, 3 pictus....I know I'm way stocked. But I have amazing filtration (rated for 200 gallons) and lots of plants. I do my water changes regularly and all is well. What do we think of adding a cool school of smaller fish like neons?? I'm torn...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would be more worried about the pictus cats than your stocking levels. I had one pictus cat and I bought 20 cardinal tetras, woke up the next day and I was down to 10 and noticed my pictus had a very large belly... But if you aren't worried about that then I think a school of 10-15 should be alright.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about the pictus eating them actually. I haven't checked them yet (I did get 20 yesterday)...Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom