Stocking a 15 gal column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an aqueon 15 gal column tank that is currently stocked with the following

fish:
1 sunset platy (male)
1 cory (I think it's a peppered cory)
6 serpae tetra

Plants:
Amazon swords
Java fern
Water wisteria
Scarlet temple
Cardinal plant ( Lobelia cardinalis) - not yet planted but will be in the next day or so.

I currently have a Whisper 20 power filter. I'm wondering what, if anything I could add.

I have an aqueon 15 gal column tank that is currently stocked with the following

fish:
1 sunset platy (male)
1 cory (I think it's a peppered cory)
6 serpae tetra

Plants:
Amazon swords
Java fern
Water wisteria
Scarlet temple
Cardinal plant ( Lobelia cardinalis) - not yet planted but will be in the next day or so.

I currently have a Whisper 20 power filter. I'm wondering what, if anything I could add.

I would add a few more Cory's .. Can you post s a pic of the tank

I'd remove the serpae tetras. They feed on scales and fins of other fish. I'd replace them with some male guppies

I'm still working on getting parameters balanced out a little better but I was just wondering for future reference. I made the mistake of putting all the serpae in at once and the BB is still catching up...but finally getting there!

Thus far, the platy has been picking on the tetras, not the other way around. They seem to be pretty easygoing unless its feeding time...they're little piggies.

Back
Top Bottom