stocking a 20 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
i need help stocking my 20 long. the centerpeice is going to be a paradise fish(the black skirts just wont leave him alone) and i would like some sort of catfish/loach(i want a burrowing fish. it doesnt have to be pretty). besides that,i have no idea. any ideas?

You could have a school of some kind of danios, and a bristlenose pleco or Cory catfish as the burrowing fish.

hmmmm,i can actually get all of those fish nearby, i'll look into them. thanks

about how big is big? on the sights i found,most said they stayed pretty small. about 12 cm. thats about 5 inches(give or take). if they wouldnt work,are there other commonly availabe loaches that would?

alLexX said:
about how big is big? on the sights i found,most said they stayed pretty small. about 12 cm. thats about 5 inches(give or take). if they wouldnt work,are there other commonly availabe loaches that would?

4 inches. They are fine, my point was that you couldn't have a lot of them.

oh,thats not bad. the one time i wanted to see them my lfs didnt have them(wasnt gonna buy em,just wanted to look)

ok,i've decided on my paradise fish,my swordtail,and 2-3 khuli loaches for stocking. that seem ok? i know a 20 isnt great for a paradise fish,but my black skirts were beateing on him pretty bad in my 55

Back
Top Bottom