Stocking a 29 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 29 gallon tank and was thinking of doing a pair of gbr, some rummynose tetras, and a few dwarf rainbows. I'm unsure of numbers any suggestions. Also the tank is currently housing an angelfish. I would like to add the tetras now and then (a few weeks later) add the others in intervals. What do you think?

No, now an angel. I want to add some tetras (would like a recommendation on number)

In a little while angel gets moved to my 55.

I then add a pair of gbrs and some dwarf rainbows (unknown number would like a suggestion)

Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

I have been doing more research and think I have come up with good numbers.
2 German blue rams
8 pygmy cories
12 rummynose tetras
6 dwarf rainbows

What do you guys think? Could I add the cories and tetras now?

Pygmy corys are tiny. I'd bump their numbers up to 12-15 (these are fragile, you are likely to lose some, not trying to be a jerk here). The rest of your list looks great.

If you want pygmaeus, then get them! I'm not trying to scare you off or anything, I've just kept pygmaeus a lot of times and it happens.

Well I came back from the store with 6 dwarf rainbows today. They were sold out of rummynose and all cories other than albino. I really need to stop going the day after their 50% off sales.

Back
Top Bottom