Stocking a 38 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jevousdeteste

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have nine mollies: one black, one silver, two black/silver speckled!, three beige, one black/white/yellow, and one male sailfin. They're all between six months and one year old, 1" to 2.5". I also have four mickey mouse platies (1.5"). I'm thinking about trading or selling the platies, even though they're absolutely adorable and have finally started coming up to greet me when I walk by (SO CUTE!). I want bottom feeders to help with the algae and extra food, but I'm so absolutely paranoid about overstocking. Any ideas as to what I should do?

4 or 5 corydoras catfish.
They are really funny schooling fish that are bottom feeders. Maybe some otos for algae?

Overstocking is always a problem for everyone starting out i think. Ive already been told off :oops:

Id go with the Inches per gallon method. If i had known that to begin with i wouldnt have been in the mess im in now. :roll:

Heiko

How many gallons is the tank?

Edit: Oops, I didn't really look at the thread title. :oops:

For cleaning fish, I would go with 3 cory cats and 2 otos.

I would go with at least 3 otos along with the cories. Otos, like cories, prefer to be in groups. Three is the minimum number to get, and this tank should be able to support the 3/3.

Back
Top Bottom