Stocking a 5 gal Eclipse corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pwrflpills

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got the above tank with 5 neons and 9 red cherry shrimp in it. It looks a little bare. I know I could add more plants, but fish-wise, what do some of you think I could add?

I can't do a Betta cause he'll eat the shrimp (or beat them to death). I don't want dwarf Gourami's either cause my experience with them has basically been all negative...hence my question. Any ideas?

I would think that you're at full capacity right now. neons are active swimmers, and they can cause stress on other fish in a tank that small. And thats a lot of shrimp lol. I dont know about those tho, the number just looked funny.

With your neons and sherry shrimp you are already overstocked and getting more fish would be not only a very bad and risky idea, but would also be unfair toward the health of your current fish.

No, you can definitely not get anymore fish. Look at this: 1" of fish per gallon of water. Your neons will be 1.5" each = 7.5", plus one shrimp per gallon, ...
That are enough fish/shrimp for a 5gal. I'm sorry, but if you want more fish you will have to get a bigger tank.

agreed. At least a 10 gallon to do anything, but try looking in the local classifieds for a while. i've had good luck lookin in there for cheap tanks, and sometimes they're already set up. Also, i recomend craigslist.com. click on your city/closest city to you, on the right hand side, and click on either the "pets" section or the "general" section, and do a search in that section for "fish" or "aquarium" or "tank". make sure to check both general and pet sections tho, as both usually have quite a few ads.

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom