Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Stocking a 5 gal Eclipse corner tank

I've got the above tank with 5 neons and 9 red cherry shrimp in it. It looks a little bare. I know I could add more plants, but fish-wise, what do some of you think I could add?

I can't do a Betta cause he'll eat the shrimp (or beat them to death). I don't want dwarf Gourami's either cause my experience with them has basically been all negative...hence my question. Any ideas?

Old 05-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well 5gals you cant really do much with. Your already getting close to the capacity. Maybe some guppies or danios.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would think that you're at full capacity right now. neons are active swimmers, and they can cause stress on other fish in a tank that small. And thats a lot of shrimp lol. I dont know about those tho, the number just looked funny.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

With your neons and sherry shrimp you are already overstocked and getting more fish would be not only a very bad and risky idea, but would also be unfair toward the health of your current fish.

No, you can definitely not get anymore fish. Look at this: 1" of fish per gallon of water. Your neons will be 1.5" each = 7.5", plus one shrimp per gallon, ...
That are enough fish/shrimp for a 5gal. I'm sorry, but if you want more fish you will have to get a bigger tank.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

agreed. At least a 10 gallon to do anything, but try looking in the local classifieds for a while. i've had good luck lookin in there for cheap tanks, and sometimes they're already set up. Also, i recomend craigslist.com. click on your city/closest city to you, on the right hand side, and click on either the "pets" section or the "general" section, and do a search in that section for "fish" or "aquarium" or "tank". make sure to check both general and pet sections tho, as both usually have quite a few ads.

hope this helps

Tags
corner, corner tank, eclipse, stocking, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com