Stocking a 55 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dekz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so it looks like I'll be getting a 55 gallon tank a lot sooner than I thought. I want to get all my planning and everything done now so that when I get the tank I can dive right in.
icon_cool.gif

I think I want to go with a whole bunch of relatively small fish. I'm just gonna list a whole bunch of fish that I'm interested in and we'll see what will go good together.

Angels
German Rams
Dwarf neon rainbows
Threadfin rainbows
Rummy nose tetras

I really like rainbows so I was thinking about doing almost a species tank. Like 6-10 dwarf neon rainbows, 6 threadfins, 3-4 bosemani, and then a big school of ~20 rummy nose tetras. And maybe a bunch of cories for the bottom, 6ish?

I'm open to all kinds of ideas though. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have an empty tank and thinking about rainbows except I can't find any locally so I might have to go with schooling fish. Do you already have a tank set up?

Not it's not set up yet.

So with the rainbows (neon dwarfs, threadfins, and bosemanis) do I have to worry about male:female ratio, or can I just buy whatever?

I recently saw some Odessa Barbs at the LFS and WOW, very nice fish.

Any problems adding some of those to this tank?

neon rainbows should be kept 1 male to every 2 females. im doing that exact type tank with a few corys and i love the action and color :) although i do miss my african cichlid set up to....

Back
Top Bottom