stocking a corner tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leggey

Aquarium Advice Activist
hay guys am off to my LFS tomorrow and am after advice on what fish i can get that will live with my fish i already have ?

30us gallon Corner Tank
fluval 2plus
fluval 303
water is fine

stock so far

10 Neon Tetra
4 Turquoise Danio
2 Flame Dwarf Gourami (they get on ok'ish)
1 Pleco
4 colored glass fish (did not know how they colored them :( )
3 Red Wag Platy
1 Assassin Snail
6 Red Cherry Shrimp

any help would me of great help as you can see i have made some mistakes already and don't wish to make any more !
Thanks in advance
paul

leggey said:
If it helps I like weird looking fish :)

Look at the dragon goby. Weird creepy fish that caught my eye in Walmart one day. altho, I never could own one. Just too snake like and creepy for me lol

leggey said:
Thanks for the reply, so will a dragon be ok with the fish I have ?

I don't know much about them honestly. You asked for a wired fish...there is a weird fish lol
They were in with some shrimp so they should be fine with yours. Idk how one would do with your pleco. Said they aren't aggressive.
I was given this link at one point. Maybe check it out to see compatibility..
http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AqVolUnit=gUS&AqTempUnit=C&AqLengthUnit=inch

Thanks I will try this when am on the laptop as am only on my phone at the moment and it's to small to see ha ha. Think I will leave the dragon anyways they look a little angry ! But any other ideas are very welcome :)

leggey said:
hay guys am off to my LFS tomorrow and am after advice on what fish i can get that will live with my fish i already have ?

384g Corner Tank
fluval 2plus
fluval 303
water is fine

stock so far

10 Neon Tetra
4 Turquoise Danio
2 Flame Dwarf Gourami (they get on ok'ish)
1 Pleco
4 colored glass fish (did not know how they colored them :( )
3 Red Wag Platy
1 Assassin Snail
6 Red Cherry Shrimp

any help would me of great help as you can see i have made some mistakes already and don't wish to make any more !
Thanks in advance
paul

384 gallons?

leggey said:
Ok so I got 2 kissing gourami and an apple snail in the end

Eek!! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! Gotta sleep sometime ;)
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but IMO your tank was already stocked to the limit without the kissers. Kissing gouramis can reach 1 foot long (30cm) and be quite aggressive to their own kind. Really not a good choice for a 90L tank.

Mumma.of.two said:
Eek!! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! Gotta sleep sometime ;)
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but IMO your tank was already stocked to the limit without the kissers. Kissing gouramis can reach 1 foot long (30cm) and be quite aggressive to their own kind. Really not a good choice for a 90L tank.

Hard when at first he gave the wrong size tank.

smomus said:
Hard when at first he gave the wrong size tank.

I'm sure lots of people have made a mistake before, let's not make too much of it eh?

The OP realised the error, may have been pointed out lol, and made changes to the title post to illustrate the new size.

Oh no :( well yes I did get bad info on my tank size ( I blame the website ) and I have 2 filters running in this tank so I have a little room 2 move at the moment. I will have to keep them in there and see how they get on and when they get bigger I have a 1 and a half foot tank I can set up 2 house them on there own or failing that it's an excuse to get a new tank :) thanks for the feed back guys and ya live and learn

leggey said:
Oh no :( well yes I did get bad info on my tank size ( I blame the website ) and I have 2 filters running in this tank so I have a little room 2 move at the moment. I will have to keep them in there and see how they get on and when they get bigger I have a 1 and a half foot tank I can set up 2 house them on there own or failing that it's an excuse to get a new tank :) thanks for the feed back guys and ya live and learn

Sorry, but you said a foot and a half, as in 18"L tank? At a very minimal you would need a 4 foot or 48"L aquaria to house two full grown kissing gourami's appropriately. That's either a 55g or a 60g. IMO you need an upgrade, never a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom