Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrewk1988

Aquarium Advice Newbie
You can see my current tank set up in my profile to see what I have so far. I want to get my fish to be more active and it seems, from my research, the key to that is to have more than one of each species.

My tank is well established. It was my dads for 7-8 years and he's a great fish keeper (just bland with his selection, IMO). I moved it to my house and set it up after letting it all sit for a few days. It cycled and cleared in a week, and other than my original clown loach and cory getting ich, my fish have been healthy and full of color.

I've got my tetras schooling nicely and they are my favorite fish in the tank. Iplan to add maybe 1 or 2 more of both kinds before I call it complete.

I need advice on filling out the rest of the tank. I don't want to over crowd it, but I'd like to have it nice and full (of action :thumbup: ). I have a 10 gallon tank that I've just been putting off getting a hood and light for, so I'm not opposed to moving a couple species if I need to.

I'm open to suggestions from everyone on how I should handle filling it out, so let's hear it.

Thanks BigJim, thats what I wanted to hear really. I figured I could get more loaches and corys and be alright, but I wasn't sure.

Are tetras consider high or low or average bioload? Any place with some info on bioloads for different fish?

AqAdvisor.com can give you a general ballpark idea of bioload.

A few very crude rules of thumb:
Bigger fish = bigger bioload
Messy eater = bigger bioload
Thick-bodied fish = bigger bioload

Back
Top Bottom