Stocking Advice - 2 x 50G 1 x 150G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

After discussion I've been advised I need to spread my fish around a little bit, this is what I've come up with and am just seeking any advice on the following tank setups...

Tank 1 - Cory Tank (50G)
6 Corydoras Julii 6
6 Peppered Corydoras 6
6 Panda Corydoras 6
1 Bristlenosed Pleco 1
7 Black Skirt Tetra
15 Neon Tetra
2 Oto
5 Kuhli Loach

Tank 2 - Silver Dollar Tank (50G)
6 Silver Dollar
6 Bronze Corydoras
1 Bristlenosed Pleco
14 Harlequin Rasbora

Tank 3 - Clown Loach Tank (150G)
8 Clown Loach
1 Ghost Knife
1 Leopard Sailfin Pleco
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Angelfish

Cheers in advance (y)

for the 150
the rainbow shark may be a problem. ive heard storirs about them being aggressive, and fin nippers.
other than that your stock seems awesome :)

for the 150
the rainbow shark may be a problem. ive heard storirs about them being aggressive, and fin nippers.
other than that your stock seems awesome :)

Thanks for the reply :thanks:
I must admit I've seen aggressive tendencies in my Rainbow Shark. She HATED a pair of Chinese Algae Eaters that were in her tank for a while, would harass them almost relentlessly if they went near her stakeout :D

Hi, move the silver dollars to tank 3, and the angelfish to tank 2. Cool tanks!

ya those are fully stocked, make sure you have lots of filtration. all looks good, not my choices at the moment so much, but they will look great. I love loaches they are really cool

Bala Sharks are always really cool maybe change that for the rainbow ?? Even though I had a tank with a mix like your tanking about in tank 3 and they were all good.

Ever thought about an Elephant Nose?? They are really cool and have allot of personality.

I think you should post some pics!

Will see what I can do (y)

Hi, move the silver dollars to tank 3, and the angelfish to tank 2. Cool tanks!

I have considered this but have chose not to for now on the basis that it will make Tank 2 look very sparse; and the fact that my Silver Dollars are the most neurotic things I've ever seen so are hesitant to move them.

Is it just the extra space of Tank 3 you think they'd appreciate? Or is there another reason I should look into it?

Just making sure that it'll be worth the risk of my dollars having heart attacks to move them :)

Tank one might have too many bottom dwellers....other then that i like them all!

You're right, Tank 1 is very much bottom orientated. I really want to make the focus of the tanks the cories however so that's why it's probably over stocked at the bottom.

I could move the kuhli loaches but as it's the only tank with a sand substrate I think the kuhlis prefer it there.

ya those are fully stocked, make sure you have lots of filtration. all looks good, not my choices at the moment so much, but they will look great. I love loaches they are really cool

Bala Sharks are always really cool maybe change that for the rainbow ?? Even though I had a tank with a mix like your tanking about in tank 3 and they were all good.

Ever thought about an Elephant Nose?? They are really cool and have allot of personality.

I'm glad you just said they are fully stocked, not over stocked! Feels like I've spent an eternity trying to fix that :cool:

The Bala Shark idea is a good idea (y) If I don't move the Silver Dollars to Tank 3 a school of Bala Sharks would fill out the tank nicely.

As for the elephant nose I've never really looked into them, the LFS can order them in I believe but never stock them which means they never cross my mind :hide:

I guess the next question though is how much space do I have in tank 3? None of the fish are even close to being full grown at the moment so it looks very empty but I'm not going to make the mistake of rushing out to buy fish that will just make me stress about overstocking again :facepalm:

Thanks for the replies everyone :thanks:

You will need to move the dollars to tank 3 because they can get to around 10-12". Each. They get to be big. You could move them when they get bigger, but then tank 3 wouldnt look so empty and you could maybe add a bit more to tank 2

Tank 3 will be full soon. BGK's get big, and so do the loaches, pleco, and eventually the dollars. Be pacient

You will need to move the dollars to tank 3 because they can get to around 10-12". Each. They get to be big. You could move them when they get bigger, but then tank 3 wouldnt look so empty and you could maybe add a bit more to tank 2

Tank 3 will be full soon. BGK's get big, and so do the loaches, pleco, and eventually the dollars. Be pacient

Makes sense, it would leave Tank 2 a bit sparse but would fill out tank 3.

Thanks for the advice :thanks:

Cynic said:
Makes sense, it would leave Tank 2 a bit sparse but would fill out tank 3.

Thanks for the advice :thanks:

Yup. And since tank 3 is agressive, there isnt alot you could add anyways. Tank 2 is the one you want to stock

Back
Top Bottom