Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 54 Gallon tank with plenty of filtration. I has a 50 gallon marineland, and a fluval 304 canister filter.
My current stock is:
1 angelfish
1 gourami
1 rainbow shark
4 albino cories
5 bloodfins
4 glolight tetras
4 neon danios
4 zebra danios
1 pleco
1 mystery snail
1 platy
1 dalmatian molly

I would like to know what I could add??
Another angel, gourami, or just add to my tetras, danios, and cories??????

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a 54 Gallon tank with plenty of filtration. I has a 50 gallon marineland, and a fluval 304 canister filter.
My current stock is:
1 angelfish
1 gourami
1 rainbow shark
4 albino cories
5 bloodfins
4 glolight tetras
4 neon danios
4 zebra danios
1 pleco
1 mystery snail
1 platy
1 dalmatian molly

I would like to know what I could add??
Another angel, gourami, or just add to my tetras, danios, and cories??????

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Add 2 cory 2 neon danios 2 z danios and your good. Also what type of pleco is that?? That tank is heavily stocked.

A full grown rainbow shark is capable of eating zebra danios and other similarly sized fish. Being that you have several fish of that size, I advise that you rehome the shark. Also, the shark will harrass the angel, tearing up its fins. The shark is most definitely not a good choice for your setup.

Have had the rainbow for a few months now and have not a problem at all. If its starts harassing any of the fish I plan to re-home it. But until then its seems to be pretty fine with its tank mates.

Have had the rainbow for a few months now and have not a problem at all. If its starts harassing any of the fish I plan to re-home it. But until then its seems to be pretty fine with its tank mates.

OK. Don't be surprised, though, if you will end up rehoming it. If another fish is small enough to be eaten, it almost definitely will be.

Things might change on ya. As rainbows get older they tend to become cranky old fish ha ha. That being said I've kept a territorial rainbow shark with an angel, and the angel was the only fish he didn't chase away from his cave. He did harass my three spot gourami, and boesemani rainbows more than I cared for, but more plants helped that out. This was in my 75 so I also had a little more room, and that might have made a difference.

Yea, if i see him bothering any fish I plan to re-home him. Just hoping he stays laid back like he is now.

Back
Top Bottom