Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phenomenal_snow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

I've recently started my first tank (a Juwel Rio 125). It was originally going to be a community tank with lots of different species but I've started to change my mind a bit. I've currently got the tank cycled, planted and have introduced 6 neon tetras. I'm thinking of introducing another 6 neons, then some bronze corys and then eventually getting a male betta and an african dwarf frog.

Would this be a good, compatible setup? Would it look too empty? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's 30 gal right? ADFs need shallow tanks; I wouldn't put them with aggressive feeders like Bettas.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yep, around 30 gallons, about 19 inches deep. I thought I'd heard of people putting ADFs with bettas before, you just have to make sure they are eating enough and the betta isn't overeating? Thanks for the reply.

It's also too deep then. They need to be able to reach the surface. I'd do the Betta, neons, and 12 cories.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I was thinking of putting in some way for it to get nearer the surface, some sort of rock or branch. Any ideas if this works or will it just struggle too much?

I just wouldn't do it. Cories!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom