Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaNoob.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

This is my first time with a tropical tank. I've got everything set up and cycled. Now I just need to decide what kind of fish I want ?. My tank is 54l, I currently have 7 neon tetras and was looking at having a community tank.

These were the combinations I was considering:

My 7 neon tetras
+ either

5 Panda/Pygmy Cory's
7 Rasboras
*idk if this is over stocked

7 Rasboras or guppies
2 dwarf gourami

6 rasboras
6 guppies
*is this too many aswell

3 more tetras hehe
7 rasboras
1 dwarf pleco

I had in mind that I wanted a few bottom dwellers and another schooling or display fish. I really love Panda Cory's but can't afford more than 3. Also can the dwarf pleco be kept without a mate. Sorry for my inadequate knowledge I just want what's best for the fish and isn't too expensive.

Any other recommendations, combinations and advice are welcome.

Thank you ?

Guppies at least fancy guppies might be a bad idea. Pretty fancy fins might invite tetras to nip at them. Plecos are fine alone. I personally like the look of rasboras and tetras together. What kind of filter. Do you have because that might help to know your stocking level more accurately. So far none of your ideas sound too out there.

Okay, Rabsoras might be the way to go. I have an internal Marina i110 filter. What would you suggest for a small group of bottom dwellers?

Thank you

The dwarf cories should be fine. Be careful if you do decide to get a pleco. Some get mislabeled and end up grown much larger than expected.

I would say you should be fine with the tetras, rasboras, and some cories as a stocking plan. And it would be a pretty active tank, which is always fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom