Stocking and air pump question - 33 gallon hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rantala

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey friends! New hobbyist here. I recently bought a 33 gallon hex tank and want to make sure I don't overstock it and can keep all the fish I get happy given the lack of long space available. Some info on the what came in the setup:
29in tall tank that is 2 feet across each direction
Fluval 204 canister filter system
Whisper 150 air pump
aerator stone.

I've done some research on fish groupings that get along and will utilize different parts of the tank, and would like to do 6 panda corys, one betta, and 6-10 neon tetras, ember tetras, or green neon tetras. Just wondering if there will be enough space to keep all of those together? Or if there are other stocking recommendations?

Additionally, if anyone has any advice on what type of air pump would work well for this tank that would be super helpful! I'm worried the whisper 150 would be too turbulent for a betta, but would like to have an airpump for the other fish and the plants.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sounds great. The rule of thumb is an inch per gallon so you’re good. As far as air pumps I use top fin units and I’m very happy with them. Best of luck with your fish!

Back
Top Bottom