Stocking aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He overstocked you. I'd question that advice. The fact he thinks two tetra is ok when they require a minimum school of 5-6 should raise an eyebrow. Cories really shouldn't be kept in anything smaller than a 20g long and kept in a school about the same as the tetra minimum. I agree with a school of 6 glofish tetra but everything else is questionable. Maybe a school of pygmy cories.

Also the neat thing about pygmy Cory's is it's kind of a two-for-one. They are a Cory cat but they also like swimming in the middle sections of the tank as well. So a small school of them will also help take up the open space that you were trying to feel with some of the other fish. Just thought I would put that out there.

I got the dwarf gourami and the glofish from pet supplies and they said that that was fine. I guess it really depends on who you ask.

Your water quality, potential disease problems and aggression issues generally determine overstocking and incorrect fish selection over time. I've found it's much more enjoyable to be able to sit back and enjoy a fish tank than to make it a full time job just to keep it going. Good luck on your new fish and let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom