Stocking/community question 29 gal/50gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bwaymusgal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know this is asked all the time, and I have been reading some other threads, but I just thought I'd throw my stocking question out there. I recently redid my 50 gal after a major die off (lost all but 4 fish). I thought it was because of a BGA outbreak, but when I was cleaning out the tank I discovered my thermometer had broken and all the mercury had leaked out, so I think that was the cause. Either way, tank has been completely redone and running using borrowed filter material from my other tank for two weeks and my water parameters seem to be good now. I moved all the fish into the 29 gal, so here's what I have. How should I split them up and what else should I get?

Tanks to stock: 29 gal and 50 gal
Filters: Aquaclear 70 on the 29 and an Aquaclear 110 on the 50
Other info: I do have live plants in both tanks
Fish I have:
5 Serpae Tetras
3 Orange platys
2 Clown Loaches
1 Rosy Barb
1 Giant Danio
1 Pictus Catfish
1 Painted Glassfish (from my very first batch of fish... I know now the terrible things they do to these fish and wouldn't get more)
1 Oto

These fish are a hodge podge of tank rescues from friends and leftovers from groups I used to have. I have a very open mind for stocking. About the only thing I don't want is a pleco. I started out with one in each tank and they were just too messy... I ended up selling them back to the pet store.

So bring on the suggestions and let me know if you need any more information.

Back
Top Bottom