Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to InxayonFinland
Stocking for Eclipse 7 Hex

Well i just got a eclipse seven hex today at petsmart that was on clearence. I have the plants and subsrate in it and now i need fish. I've never really delt with small tanks so i can't really picture any fish for it. What do you guys suggest? I think two little puffers would be cool or a small school of tetras. thanks.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
puffers would most likely not be happy in that tank, you could keep a school of five or so tetras, that would be neat. Guppies would do well in that tank.

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
WaterPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 AM   #3

Although Puffers are small they should really be in at least a 30 gal IMO. I wish you asked before you bought the hex 7 because a 10 gal. setup is cheap. As far as fish, I would be careful adding any more than 4 small fish like tetras because of your bioload. There are not to many fish that require less than a 10 gal.

IMO, Where you have a 7, and a hex, I would recommend a Betta and maybe 1 other compatible fish. Maybe others will agree, or oppose because I have never had a tank this small except for a Betta.

How do you plan on cycling the tank? What kind of filtration are you going to be using?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have the same tank, bought at the same place. In mine I have a school of Lamp Eye (Red Eye) tetras, a pair of green Cory Catfish, three Ghost Shrimp, and a large snail (about an inch in diameter) The lamp eye are active as is the snail. The catfish hide most of the day under a small stone cave, but come out at night or when the light is off, and the ghost shrimp are always cleaning up the bottom.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:41 AM   #5

Maybe Lamp Eye Tetras are different then what I know is a Red Eye Tetra. If not, they get to big for a school in a 7hex.

Tags
eclipse, hex, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com