Stocking for Eclipse 7 Hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well i just got a eclipse seven hex today at petsmart that was on clearence. I have the plants and subsrate in it and now i need fish. I've never really delt with small tanks so i can't really picture any fish for it. What do you guys suggest? I think two little puffers would be cool or a small school of tetras. thanks.

Although Puffers are small they should really be in at least a 30 gal IMO. I wish you asked before you bought the hex 7 because a 10 gal. setup is cheap. As far as fish, I would be careful adding any more than 4 small fish like tetras because of your bioload. There are not to many fish that require less than a 10 gal.

IMO, Where you have a 7, and a hex, I would recommend a Betta and maybe 1 other compatible fish. Maybe others will agree, or oppose because I have never had a tank this small except for a Betta.

How do you plan on cycling the tank? What kind of filtration are you going to be using?

I have the same tank, bought at the same place. In mine I have a school of Lamp Eye (Red Eye) tetras, a pair of green Cory Catfish, three Ghost Shrimp, and a large snail (about an inch in diameter) The lamp eye are active as is the snail. The catfish hide most of the day under a small stone cave, but come out at night or when the light is off, and the ghost shrimp are always cleaning up the bottom.

Maybe Lamp Eye Tetras are different then what I know is a Red Eye Tetra. If not, they get to big for a school in a 7hex.

Back
Top Bottom