Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotty1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this stocking ok for 33g/125l
2xangelfish
6xblack neons
6xrummy nose tetra
6xcardinal tetra
5x corydoras
1x dwarf bn pleco
3x oto cat fish

Remove one of the schools of tetras, and add to the other two. 8 rummy and 8 neons would be better. Depending on your filtration, substrate, and tank maturity you will be great.

You are probably over-stocked

Try going to:

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

and use the "acutual size" mode NOT the adult size mode or for sure you will be overstocked.

For example, here is what they say about my 38 gallon tank which is at full capacity as far as stocking goes.

AqAdvisor - Paul38Tank

As you can see, they also tell you about parameters and which fish do and don't get along. It is not 100% accurate but is close enough for starters.

Depending on your filtration and water change schedule. I would recommend a aquaclear 70 for that tank, and 40% weekly water changes. The addition of some hardy live plant would also be grrrrreat.

Depending on your filtration and water change schedule. I would recommend a aquaclear 70 for that tank, and 40% weekly water changes. The addition of some hardy live plant would also be grrrrreat.

Based on his other thread Jan 5, I think his filtration is fine:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/stocking-i-ideas-292210.html

Stocking I ideas
I currently have a fluval roma 125 33 g with a fluval 206 external filter I was thinking of getting a lot of plants and a South American theme
2x angelfish
8x rummy nose tetra
8x large cardinal tetra
5x panda Cory's
1 dwarf bristlenose plec
3x oto catfish
2x
white skirt tetra

Wondering if angels will eat cardinals.

And if I was advising someone on HOB's, I'd get up to speed on filters. I have an AquaClear and a Fluval C series running side by side and the Fluval C is much better:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/aquaclear-bypass-issues-292796.html

They are both made by Hagen. The C series is the up to date version of filtration with polishing pad, trickle chamber and no bypass problems.

Keep in mind that angel fish get big and will eat anything that can fit in there mouths (like tetras) but that will take a year plus most likely depending on how big they are when you get them.

Back
Top Bottom