Stocking help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidkm7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had a 10 gal tank that's cycled and currently have a small school of zebrafish (5). I'd like to add a single fish to it that could get along with my small zebras and add some color/excitement. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you mean zebra danios ? Because if yes, they are VERY active fish and should be held in at least a 20g, they will drive any other fish, and themselves crazy in a 10g.. I would swap them out for something different.. Sadly.. Because they're are awesome fish..

Yes, danios, I've talked to other people that have said 10g is fine...

Would those people be pet shop workers? Anywase that is just my suggestion having had a 10g, and danios, I would personally never put them under a group of 8 and in a 20 long.. I find this is a perfect example of why 1inch a gallon is not a good rule.. 5they don't have enough room to swim around in a 10g.. Maybe someone else would have different info, but I have seen this topic before and most people (all I believe) believe like me.. Anywase good luck!

Back
Top Bottom