Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boulderman1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello just wanted to get some advice on stocking my 72L aquael brillux aquarium. I'm not thinking of getting any more fish just wanted to check I'm not already overstocked....

I have:
9 neon tetra
7 black phantom tetra
3 corydoras (i think - Pygmy sucker fish things)
3 crystal red shrimp
7 Amano shrimp

Here's my tank for reference, it's planted with c02. Water parameters have remained perfect since first introducing fish on Saturday.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396343748.053035.jpg

Fish all seem happy although neons fighting a fair bit and split group. Black phantoms playful, corydoras hide behind filter all day an come out at night, same with shrimp mostly.

If the water is perfect then don't worry about it, most people would probably say it's overstocked but as long as you keep on top of maintenance it won't have any negative effects.

Check the water in a few days since it takes a little while after adding fish to properly show on the test kits.

Make sure the gravel stays clean for the Cories and don't worry about the neons.

The fact that they're separated means that they are relaxed in the tank. My Neons only ever school when they're getting fed ?

Hello just wanted to get some advice on stocking my 72L aquael brillux aquarium. I'm not thinking of getting any more fish just wanted to check I'm not already overstocked....

I have:
9 neon tetra
7 black phantom tetra
3 corydoras (i think - Pygmy sucker fish things)
3 crystal red shrimp
7 Amano shrimp

Here's my tank for reference, it's planted with c02. Water parameters have remained perfect since first introducing fish on Saturday.

View attachment 231244

Fish all seem happy although neons fighting a fair bit and split group. Black phantoms playful, corydoras hide behind filter all day an come out at night, same with shrimp mostly.

Pygmy sucker fish sounds like Otocinclus, not Corydoras btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info thanks, I'm sure they'll be fine the tank certainly doesn't look crowded. Yes otocinclus is correct I just completely forgot the name for some reason!

Back
Top Bottom