stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a 65 gallon tank that i am going to re-stock and was wondering what fish are very colourful, i have and albino rainbow shark, pictus catfish, and raphael catfish in the tank right now. i like the dwarf gourami's, and cardinal tetra. i am open to all sorts of suggestons.

I have become very fond of my Bloodfin and Rummynose Tetras. I have 5 of each and they actually tend to run in one big school most of the time. And for something different on the bottom checkout the pitbull plecos. They are actually fun to watch as they are very active and entertaining. Speaking of active and entertaining, Panda Cories are also a blast, just not as colorful. Godd luck in finding your perfect match!! And, Merry Christmas!!

I like panda corys as well. I have rummynoses too (6) and I liked them when I had a larger group - alas, i've had many losses to fin rot and vacations- so they're not very hardy BUT the way they school is great. But if you're looking for colorful they rummynoses may not be your best bet, they kind of blend in with the background sometimes.

A lot of people like dwarf gouramis but I have heard that they are not bred very well and tend to die pretty easily from breeding bad genes. They are gorgeous though!

Also, what are you looking for besides colorful? Are you looking for schools or single fish? I'm going to be setting my own thread up about singular fish for my 55 gal, you should check that out if you're interested.

hehehhe
Then add barbs
They are schoolong fishes
I my self have tinfoil barb and tiger barb :)

i was thinking about barbs, but i went out and saw these rainbow fish so i bought 4 of them, and il buy some more after my tank is looking nicer and i redo the whole thing.

i was thinking about barbs, but i went out and saw these rainbow fish so i bought 4 of them, and il buy some more after my tank is looking nicer and i redo the whole thing.

Me to want to add rainbow fish. But store near me havent got one.
Only tetras and african and american cichlids.
Tetras are not compatible with cihclids so i havent got a chance...
But my cichlid, barb and shark setup rocks :);)

yes, i have a few sharks and catfish aswell as my large school of rainbows with a few tetra and they are looking very nice. now all i have to do is provide them with a tank as beautiful as the fish are :p

yes they are if you take care of them, i havent been around and didnt have the money to take care of the tank very well, i focused on the fish. now i want beautiful fish and a beautiful tank to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom