Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. FishMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally filling in my 6ft tank! I upgraded from a 55 gallon a couple months ago and I finally have some extra money to spend on some fish! The tank is either 120 or 130 gallons, I can't remember. I bought it off of craigslist for $200 and it's been set up in my living room with only a few fish from my 55 in it. There's a Severum, an Angel, 2 Pictus and a Pleco. They're all pretty chill with each other and I'd like to keep it that way. I was thinking about adding a few more Angels, but I don't wanna deal with pairing and aggression issues.. I don't know.. Does a 6ft tank have enough territory for multiple pairs? Or maybe I'll get another Sev. Is it possible to have 2 or 3 together? Haha I really dont know what I want to add..

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

View attachment 197150

View attachment 197151

View attachment 197152

View attachment 197153

View attachment 197154

Got talked into getting an ABK last night. Don't know too much about these guys, but from what I've read they seem to be pretty straight forward. Any tips/pointers are appreciated.

ForumRunner_20130909_103413.jpg

Thanks. I have been working on getting some DW, I just haven't found any pieces that I like yet haha.. I actually have my eye on a nice piece for sale on eBay but I don't have the money for it right now.

Ended up taking the ABK back to my lfs.. I think he had a parasite or something.. But on the upside, I'm getting a true BGK! Can't wait till Friday..

Yep - black ghost knives are AWESOME!! One of my favorites next to angelfish and oscars

What about a starlight pleco?

Lol I'm pretty excited. They're one of my favorite fish too :)

AngelFishGirl, those are some pretty neat looking plecos! But what I really want is a Gold Nugget :D How big do the Starlights get and is it possible to house both in the same tank? Maybe I'll re-home my Sailfin and get those 2 instead

Oh gosh I know nothing about plecos. I basically know that commons get huge, others do not. And I know plecos are SPENNNDYY
But other than that..... Uhhhhhhhh. Hahaha not a huge pleco fan, really like starlights though.
I do believe different types of plecos can go together. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
In a tank that big it shouldn't be a problem.

Haha it's ok. That's about all I know as well. The Starlights are pretty cool, but I think a Gold Nugget will better suit the look I'm going for. It'd be cool to have both though! I really want to get some more Angels too. I think the tank would look awesome with at least 6 redheaded Koi Angels. Hopefully I'll be getting some DW soon too and then I'd possibly like to give live plants a try.

Got my BGK today! He's a tiny little guy, at about 3 inches. Haha my Sev. was acting like I was giving him a snack as soon I started floating the bag, so I put a divider in until he gets a little bigger. Here's some crappy phone pics

ForumRunner_20130913_185958.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_190028.jpg

Thanks Bob. It'd be awesome if you'd share some pics of yours! And will do.

Back
Top Bottom