Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad dog fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. I'm slowly heading towards a gourami tank. What are good tank mates for gouramis? I have trouble narrowing things down because I like tetras and mollies. Should I just leave it at gouramis?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Generally, you can only have 1 male gourami at a time. They are super aggressive towards each other. You can put just about anything witb them though.

Can you only have one male even if they are different varieties of gourami?

Can you only have one male even if they are different varieties of gourami?

Yes male gouramis will fight with other species, but I think it's only If they're from the same genus.

What size is your tank? Please do not get more than one male gourami for a tank. They will fight. I have a 55 gallon tank with 5 pearl gourami, 4 females and one male. This works great for me. They all hangout together a lot of the time. Then I have 15 Cardinal tetras and kuhli loaches. The tank is peaceful and relaxing to watch.

My tank is 160lt. I have a gold gourami and a blue gourami. I don't know what sex they are. They don't interact much.

My tank is 160lt. I have a gold gourami and a blue gourami. I don't know what sex they are. They don't interact much.

Keep in mind that fish generally get grumpier the older they get.

Like a lot of people? That's why so many of us prefer the company of animals.

Back
Top Bottom