Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 gallon column style tank and I am ready for more fish. I just don't want to mess with the good mojo I have going on now and I am stumped any ideas? My current stock includes :
1 keyhole cichlid
6 panda corydora
1 honey gourami
4 angelicus botia
4 otocinclus

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only stipulation I have (forgot to include) is no schooling fish.

Convict? Honduran red point? German Blue Ram? Maybe a pair of one of those.

Thanks for your reply! I love GBR's but I have had bad luck in the past (bad stock most definitely). They are heart breakers. I wonder if Bolivians would work or is that pushing it. I think Honduran Red Points and Convicts may be too aggressive imo and my tank is planted.

Oh I didn't know your tank was planted lol. Yeah man Bolivians are great. I have two of my own(male and female). They are so fun to watch and people may say they aren't as colorful as your GBR's but trust me, with the right care and variety in their diet, they'll light right up. Mine have yellow bellies and are red throughout their body with their tails being black, grey, with red tips. Blue on their pelvic fins too. They're great fish.

Oh I didn't know your tank was planted lol. Yeah man Bolivians are great. I have two of my own(male and female). They are so fun to watch and people may say they aren't as colorful as your GBR's but trust me, with the right care and variety in their diet, they'll light right up. Mine have yellow bellies and are red throughout their body with their tails being black, grey, with red tips. Blue on their pelvic fins too. They're great fish.

But will they work with my weird stock?

Hmm, maybe this might be a new thread subject?

Back
Top Bottom