Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I think I have my inherited 38g tank set up the way I'd like now save for the substrate which I will get around to changing.

Based on:

1 red-tail shark
1 pearl gourami
1 striped raphael catfish
1 BN pleco
2 little silver guys (I will post a pic so that I can get an ID on these guys once and for all)

Any ideas for something to finish it off? Perhaps a school of something? Since I picked the catfish and pleco, my fiancee has earned the next pick and I think she wants something colourful and vibrant. After looking around at the LFS, rummy-nose tetras came to mind. Anyone have any other ideas?

i agree it needs a school of something. i am a big fan of rainbows - a school of smaller rainbows like threadfin, blue-eyes, or boesmani would look great. the only potential problem could be the shark and gourami picking on the peaceful species. if you think that may happen, then go for a school of tiger barbs or, as you say, rummynose tetras would look great.

Yes, I do like the tiger barbs, but I have heard that they are fin nippers.

Also, my shark is a strange guy, he will chase away the gourami and the 2 smaller fish if they come down to the bottom of the tank. At feeding time, he will harass my striped raphael to no end. Really not sure why since he doesn't look similar. And he leaves the pleco alone, even when he intrudes on his space.

I'll have a look at the rainbowfins. =)

I think I'm going to go with a school of Black Phantom tetras. How many should I get for a 38g?

Another thing I have realized is that my shark is actually a rainbow shark and not a red-tail as I originally thought. All his fins are red. =)

Back
Top Bottom