Stocking ideas for a 20 gallon long tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys! I have a 20 gallon long (30"x 13 x 13, I think) tropical tank.

I only have 2 platy in it now. There use to be five but 3 have died from age (they are about 4 yrs).

I have pretty hard water, and good filtration. I have black gravel and fake plants, not real.

I need some ideas for stocking. I would like a pretty calm community tank, nothing frantic or squished looking. I like colorful, small fish.

I'm not an expert in fish, so hardy fish are prefered. Thanks for the suggestions :bday:

Also, has anyone ever ordered fish online? My LFS's carry limited species. What is a good place to order from?

Maybe some tetras like these lamp eye tetra or another kind, i only started a couple of months ago and wanted tetras so i went to a lfs and one had a selection of about 7 different kinds i went for buenos aires tetra but theres lots of nice and coulourfu ones.

images

Id go with guppys, small, extremely colourful and as long as to stick to same sex.. very peaceful

if you have harder water tetras are not a good idea they like soft water. guppys are a good choice. mollies, platies, sword tails, barbs of any kind, and rasboras all do good in harder water and are fairly hardy if you take average care of your tank they will live...on a side note if you want to add some live plant to you tank buy a peice of java moss the only way to kill it is to take it out of the tank or not have any light in the tank for a long time it grows slow so you dont have to worry about it takeing over

Back
Top Bottom