Stocking ideas for a fluval edge 12 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitekat87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have just bought a Fluval edge 12 gallon tank and was thinking of putting 5 fantails, 6 neons and 5 red cherry shrimp in it. What do you guys think and any other ideas????

image-3060957527.jpg

The pic shows the tank layout although I have since swapped the sand for black gravel.

Congrats on the tank. I would say no to the fantails as my understanding is they need at least 20g for the 1st & then an additional 10g for each additional fish. Plus Goldie's have a huge bio load. Others will have to advise on the best stocking options.

I agree, a 12 gal is too small for even one goldfish (20 gal is suggested for one as they can get fairly large and are very messy). Neons are small but active and would prefer more swimming room than that tank has. You could do:

1. two dwarf puffers OR
2. a school of 8 nano fish like ember tetra, chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio. Some endler's livebearers are also an option. You could have your shrimp as well and a small centerpiece fish like Scarlet Badis or sparkling gourami (none of the larger type of gourami though) OR
3. One betta OR
4. two-three platy and the shrimp OR
5. Some guppies and the shrimp

Back
Top Bottom