Stocking List for 30 Gal Long Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taylorodw

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, here's what I have, which is definitely going into the tank:

5 Tiger Barbs (will probably up their school to 7 upon tank readiness)
Manzanita Driftwood

I will also be getting Anubias Nana, Java Fern, and one other small/foreground plant (probably Java Moss).

Okay, so. I would like to have two other species of fish.

I would like one species to be a bottom-dwelling species (don't really want plecos), the other I don't mind as long as they don't clash with my other fish. I want something that will look good and contrast with the Tiger Barbs.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Any suggestions?

I think I want Kuhli Loaches, just don't know which exact species.

I also don't know what would be a good dither species.

When people ask for stocking suggestions, all they will get are opions which that's all we can give. Here is my opion what I would do with a 30G long for fish stocking, including your barbs. Also if you do get a school of barbs, try to get all the ones your planning on getting all together, and don't add to the school. Chance that the barb won't get into the school and be alone and get stressed ect.

Fish Stocking for 30G Long:
7 Tiger Barbs
10 Dwarf/Pygmy Cories
5 Hatch Fish

With that list you have 3 school groups that cover the basic tank sections. Barbs for middle, cories for bottom, and hatches for top. With that list you'll also want some kind of bigger all over the tank type of fish. Maybe 2-4 dwarf gouramis. Just to tie it all together.

So full list would be 7 tiger barbs, 10 pygmy/dwarf cories, 5 hatch fish, and either a pair or 2 pairs of dwarf gouramis.

That's what I would most likely do if I had a 30G long.

Back
Top Bottom