Stocking my 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cpaparelli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off, I'd just like to thank everyone on this site... I don't know what I'd do without you! Every day it seems like I have a thousand more questions I'd forgotten to ask on the last trip to the LFS...

Currently, my tank has 6 angels, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 powder blue gouramis, and 3 platies (temporary occupants). Everyone is getting along wonderfully, with no major issues. I'm sharing tank duties with a friend of mine, and he's been interested in getting some Bala sharks and a few clown loaches. I've done some pretty extensive research on both, but I haven't been able to judge whether or not it'd be a huge overload on the bio-(and mechanical)filter. I know they get pretty large, so, assuming the only other fish I add is a plecostomus, do you think my tank could hold a school/schoal of them?

Stocking my 125
What size tank?
i am going to guess a 125.

i would say no on the bala sharks they reach a foot and schooling fish. the loaches should be fine they are very slow growing fish but make sure you get a few of them as they are very social. as for plecos there so many different kinds out there really depends on what kind you get.

Back
Top Bottom