Stocking my 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More relating to the planted side of my preparation, what is the best way of getting co2 in the tank. I was looking at the fluval one for 15 gals and is that enough? Or is it more worth it to make a DIY one because the refill canisters are a bit pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmm i didn't realize that different species of breeding pairs would not work out in a tank like that, I realize that the angels will become more aggressive once the eggs are laid so I am always on gaurd to remove them. What it sounds like you are suggesting is to have just one ram, or two of the same sex. I will be careful with the pipe too, I heard that the will usually take krill so that should not be too hard. Thanks for all this great help btw ?

Never underestimate the wrath of breeding angels. :p Sometimes it works out because the rams stay so low in the tank, sometimes not. But when you have livestock, I see no reason to push the boundaries when it is pretty easy to avoid. Bolivians can be quiet difficult to sex when they are young, but you can do your best to research some pictures of what both genders look like so when you go in, you should hopefully be able to pick two of the same. By the way, I have found females to be quite feisty. I have actually had very good luck with Bolivian ram boys clubs. No fighting, they just each chilled out in their own area. Incidentally, that was also with angels who were breeding. But, it was a bigger tank so fish could more readily avoid each other. Good to know you are top of watching for aggression. That makes a big difference. More things can be options when an aquarium keeper is very willing to manage things. If you end up with paired rams and paired angels, keep an eye on it and intervene if necessary. But yes, I do suggest aiming for 2 boy rams if you can.
As for the pipe, if the pipe does take krill, getting krill to it past piggy angels and tetras is going to be the issue. I have a peacock eel for awhile, and I had a crazy time getting food to it that the other fish wouldn't nab on the way down. But, if you see it being brave at the lfs and eating, use that to make your choice.

More relating to the planted side of my preparation, what is the best way of getting co2 in the tank. I was looking at the fluval one for 15 gals and is that enough? Or is it more worth it to make a DIY one because the refill canisters are a bit pricey

That, I cannot personally help with because I only run low-maintenance tanks without CO2. I suggest making a thread in the planted section to discuss the CO2 and light balance. CO2, light, and ferts all need to be in balance, and that can a bit complicated. :)

Ya those angels can be nasty, fortunately the tank they are in right now only has larger fish so that is not an issue. Having the same feeding issue with my albino Bichir, my gar always steals the food before he has a chance

Back
Top Bottom