Stocking my 55G Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dekz

Aquarium Advice Activist
**** batteries are dead so I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Currently I have:
7 Odessa Barbs
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Moonlight Gourami
1 Iridescent Shark
1 Common Pleco
1 Rubber Lip Pleco

I'm thinking about adding:
1-3 Bosemani Rainbows
8-10 Dwarf Neon Rainbows
~5 Threadfin Rainbows

Any conflicts/problems there?

yes. Iridescent Shark seen bellow....

post-3-1181231994.jpg

as you can see.... its a little big for a 55 gallon. also common plecos can reach up to two feet. if you fix the little problems i see no reason not to add them.

rainbows are a really cool fish threadfins are great to watch.

If your post was supposed to have a picture/video, I can't see it.

I am aware of that both of these get quite large, I actually rescued the shark from a 20G. Both can eventually go into my friend's 120 when they get too big.

They are both only 3-4 inches right now.

how about that? id shark in captivity still gets too large for a 120. the pleco is pushing it.

Iridescent_shark.jpg

My main concern is with the Odessa Barbs, they were a bit of an impulse buy and I don't know too much about them. But I've done a bit of research since and it seems that they aren't too aggressive, and my group should be large enough to spread it out.

I would also like to know, for both the Dwarf Neon Rainbows, and the Threadfins, is there a M/F ratio I need to follow, or does it matter?

threadfins you most likely wont be able to find any females. most places only sell males since they are the only ones that are colorful.

Back
Top Bottom