Stocking New 55 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbase

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I tried this is the getting started section, but didn't get any responses so I figured I would try here. I am currently cycling a 55 Gallon tank and am trying to get a plan together for fish. Here's what I would like to do:

1 Black Ghost Knife
2 Koi Angelfish
2 Pearl Gouramis
2 German Blue Rams
2 German
Gold Rams
5 Kuhli Loaches
1 Starry Night Pleco
1 Thomasi Pleco
6 Cory Cats
1 African Clawed Frog?

Would they get along if there are plenty of hiding spots? Also, is this too much or would it be okay for a couple of years?

the knife fish is the only problem. sorry but they are aggresive and get very large. every thing else looks fine. oh and i would be cautious w/the frog

I figured that the bgk might be a problem, but i was hoping that it would be ok since it is mainly nocturnal. So without the bgk and the frog it looks ok?

yeah looks good. you might be able to have the frog but i dont know anything about frogs so im not sure. maybe someone else will feel the need to answer that one. but anyways. yeah it looks good. i would get the angel fish small just so they can grow up w/the others to prevent any aggresion to the other fish by them.

55g is probably too deep for a frog-- another poster just posted about having two drown in a big tank.

I decided to go with the BGK. Picked it up with a BN Pleco. The guy from my fish store said that he would help me pick compatible fish for them and help me add a couple a week until it is stocked.

Sadly I got impatient and added an angel from petco that already had fin rot that I didnt notice. Its now in a quarantine bucket. I had some questions so I started a thread in the sick fish section. No more Petco fish I guess.

Please research the Rams before you buy them.....They are a more sensitive fish to the water quality than your other choices.....I don't recommend Rams to new or inexperienced hobbyists.

i don't suggest the frog either. they get big, will go after fish and are dirty. and they look kinda scary. african dwarf frogs are another option.

Back
Top Bottom