Stocking Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevoPast

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be setting up a new 60 gallon tank soon and wanted to go the semi-aggressive route. Would it be possible/wise to have one or two of the smaller cichlids (dwarfs/rams/electric yellows) as additional tank mates, or would I run into too many problems? I ideally want to have a good mix of top/middle/bottom dwellers. A rainbow shark and shoals of other fish including loaches was in mind.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking loaches could become expensive fishfood if you're not careful. Kribs would be a good choice especially if you set up two distinct territories. You could do two pairs, one normal one albino. If contrast is your thing that is one good way to get it. Depnding on the water chemisry, you could look as Apistos. Just an FYI, several of the Goodieds get rather large and spend their time chasing each other around. They typically don't bother the other fish.

Highly recommend beautiful fish and funny behavior you'll probably want some dithers since kribs are a little skittish good dithers would probably be most barbs.

Cool. Appreciate the advice! Forgot to mention I prefer to keep the fish 5" and under max. I like a full tank of little guys (see Sig of my current 55) than a tank with less members. I know that real estate is more important in a semi-aggressive though.

Back
Top Bottom