Stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday, I put my teenaged male Betta in his own 5g tank. The tank has no gravel and only a castle and a bridge as decor. I do have a full grown (pain in the butt to keep trimmed) aponogeton plant tied to the castle. My Betta loves it but I was wondering if I could add any RCS or Ghost Shrimp to the little tank? Opinions? Should I just leave the 5g alone with just my Betta in it? Advice wanted! Thanks! :)

Yesterday, I put my teenaged male Betta in his own 5g tank. The tank has no gravel and only a castle and a bridge as decor. I do have a full grown (pain in the butt to keep trimmed) aponogeton plant tied to the castle. My Betta loves it but I was wondering if I could add any RCS or Ghost Shrimp to the little tank? Opinions? Should I just leave the 5g alone with just my Betta in it? Advice wanted! Thanks! :)

this is an often asked question. it depends on if the betta will allow it. i would start with inexpensive ghost shrimp to see if he will eat them or not. i have ghost shrimp in one of my betta tanks

this is an often asked question. it depends on if the betta will allow it. i would start with inexpensive ghost shrimp to see if he will eat them or not. i have ghost shrimp in one of my betta tanks

He is a kind of aggressive. When I put him in my 10g for like a day, he beat up one of my fish.

Oh man, if he is that agressive it might be a long shot, my betta was like that, but betas don't have the best eyesight, and ghost shrimp are kind of hard to find, plus they are to fast for the betta, so they might have a fighting chance

Oh man, if he is that agressive it might be a long shot, my betta was like that, but betas don't have the best eyesight, and ghost shrimp are kind of hard to find, plus they are to fast for the betta, so they might have a fighting chance

That's what I was thinking but I don't have any gravel or sand so there would be no place for the shrimp to hide besides the castle and my Betta LOVES it. :/

Yea I think you're in a pickle there:/
Maybe an apple snail, but I think that tank is a bit small, you could give it a shot though

Yea I think you're in a pickle there:/
Maybe an apple snail, but I think that tank is a bit small, you could give it a shot though

I think I might just leave it alone. My Betta is happy :) and I could always add some RCS to my 10g tank that has only some tetras and danios.

Back
Top Bottom