Stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomefazekas

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have neon tetras, Corys, a gourami, a clown loach, snails, and some black skirt tetras, I would like a smaller fish that isn't too active

Clown Loaches can get big, so you might want to think about rehoming it. That might give you some more room

10 neon tetras 1 3 spot gourami 1 emerald Cory 1 albino Cory 1 peppered Cory 2 panda Cory 3 black skirt tetra and 4 algae eatera

What sort of algae eaters are they? Sounds like you're close to fully stocked or possibly overstocked depending what they are. I agree to that the clown loach will need a much bigger home at some point.

I'd rehome the clown loach (as mentioned earlier, they get large and need a school), and round out your Black Skirt Tetra school (they need 5+ in their group).

Depending on the "algae eaters" you may have future issues there too... If they're Chinese Algae Eaters, then they tend to get very aggressive as they mature and will suck on the sides of your other fish. If they're Siamese Algae Eaters, you'll be overstocked once everyone matures. If they're any sort of pleco, that's a huge bioload and you'll likely have territorial issues once they mature. If they're otos you're probably fine, just make sure they have plenty of algae to eat or else they may starve.

Back
Top Bottom