Stocking Plan/ Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m0stUniQue

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I'm soon going to get a 29 gallon freshwater aquarium and once done cycling am planning to keep a pair of angelfish and a dwarf gourami and was wondering a good fish for cycling and a stocking plan around those 2 fish thanks a lot
Troy

Agreed. With fish cycling can be done, but it is way more effort and can stress the fish. Also I wouldn't recommend a DG with a pair of angels. When they mature (or if already paired), they won't tolerate it in a 29. JMO.

With a breeding pair of angels you should keep other tank mates at the bottom. I'd suggest some corys and leave it at that. Bc 29 gallons isn't big enough for a pair IMO

I think a 29g is plenty big for a pair of angels (I have them in everything from 20H-125g), but I do agree that you are very limited on other tankmates. Corys work well and seem to stay out of the way, bn plecos aren't bad either.

Oh sorry for confusion I don't mean breeding pair i just mean 2 angelfish maybe even some of the smaller species

Back
Top Bottom