Stocking plans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay here is more of my angel! Also i tried to get some of my catfish... But it was hard cuz he loves his cave!

Okay here is more of my angel! Also i tried to get some of my catfish... But it was hard cuz he loves his cave!
The angel is gorgeous. But, I definitely think it is just a regular angel and not a dwarf angel. On the plus side, that means you can try to get another one.

Haha thanks! And ya hes really healthy so far! And ya i hope hes a real angel ccuz i want him to get bigger! Is he a male or female u think? Sorry bout the pics of my catfish

There is not a reliable way to tell apart males and females unless you actually see them breeding IMO. So, who knows.......

Oh thanks bruins. I am not sure if he is a dwarf angel or a real one.. He hasent grown a ton sence i got him abt 1 month ago or so

IME, they grow quick when they are young, but then the grown rate slows down. Once they hit about 3-4 inches, they do not seem to grow as fast. Also, like jetajockey said, could he be stunted from his previous home?

I dont no! This is what happened. I got the fish from a friend who left to collage and
Couldnt keep him anymore. He told me it was a micro/dwarf angel fish, idk which. Anyways he has gotten a tiny bit bigger sence iv had him ( 1 month and 2 weeks about) and he looks like a real angelfish. Did the ppl at the petstore lie to him? Or is it a misunderstanding and its a REAL angel fish? Idk

I dont no! This is what happened. I got the fish from a friend who left to collage and
Couldnt keep him anymore. He told me it was a micro/dwarf angel fish, idk which. Anyways he has gotten a tiny bit bigger sence iv had him ( 1 month and 2 weeks about) and he looks like a real angelfish. Did the ppl at the petstore lie to him? Or is it a misunderstanding and its a REAL angel fish? Idk
I cannot tell you for sure, but I am guessing the people who sold it to him mis-identified it. Just so you know, dwarf angel and micro-angel are both the same thing. :) They are terms used for Leopold's angel because it is the smallest angel currently described by science.
You can always wait a bit and see if it grows more. I think the stock you were planning would work fine with him anyway, but I suggest you wait on deciding to get another angel until you know for sure which species you have. :)

Ya i will post a pic soon! Baisicaly i brought frozen blood worms an you freeze em, pop them out of their litte wrapper (like a gum wrapper) and i put it right in front of his cave 2-3 times a week. Its really simple and easy. I have herd that its really hard to see ur eel eat but i have seen him eat those worms before :) haha

Here they are! Its frozen so once you put it in ur tank it will defrost and many worms split apart and spread out onthe floor of your tank. Oh and all of my fish LOVE bloodworms!! Haha U have an eel or catfish?

Back
Top Bottom