Stocking Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Apparently I got a little over enthusastic with the fish purchases recently. Aqadvisor says I'm 110% stocked with only 75% filtration BUT I assume that's when all fish are full grown and of course they aren't. So.....do you think I'm OK with these as long as I do a 50% PWC weekly? (Which I do as it's planted tank).

6 cories
5 australian rainbows
12 neons
9 guppies
1 molly
2 swordtails

60g long with an aquaclear 70 filter

If you're experienced enough to know how to handle it then I see no issue. All my tanks are slightly over stocked according to aquadvisor, but of course I have no issues ever.

Just don't get any more than that though!

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Honestly you should be fine. AQAdvisor's filtration recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt and as long as your params are fine so should your tank.

I'd definitely add another AC 70 or a canister

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly you should be fine. AQAdvisor's filtration recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt and as long as your params are fine so should your tank.

+1 the Aqadvisor filtration recommendation is completely useless.

You should be perfectly fine, just keep an eye on your nitrates and do water changes accordingly.

you will be fine for now but with all those live bearers you are going to have an explosion of babies on your hands.

you will be fine for now but with all those live bearers you are going to have an explosion of babies on your hands.

ooooooh no! No babies for me thanks (I have enough of my own!).

They are all males. Well at least I know the swords and gups are. Don't know about the molly but no babies from her yet and I've had her and the swords for quite a while so I think I'm good. Plus I'm pretty confident the rainbows would eat up any little ones pretty quickly as they're super greedy with big enough mouths!

My community tank is overstocked as well according to aquaadvisor , but my filtration is about double what it has to be , 2 Eheim 2215's on 90 gallon tank. I keep faithful on H2O changes and filter service alternating between the two. Zero issues. Everybody in there seems happy.

My community tank is overstocked as well according to aquaadvisor , but my filtration is about double what it has to be , 2 Eheim 2215's on 90 gallon tank. I keep faithful on H2O changes and filter service alternating between the two. Zero issues. Everybody in there seems happy.
e
Yes I'd like to increase filtration. We will be moving house soon (ick not looking forward to moving the tank!) and then I will this time make sure I have enough room behind the tank for a canister.

Back
Top Bottom