Stocking Question 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Langemc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 10 gallon tank that has been established for 6 months

it is stocked with a small corey, 3 otto's, two serpai*(spell check) tetra, and a dwarf gourami

i just added the otto's to keep the tank clearer

however my dwarf gourmai is ill and despite water changes and trying to find a solution looks as though he will pass soon, we think it's a bloat problem but he's getting worse by the day, also water parameters have all checked out

i was wondering if i could add another gourami or with the new otto's is my tank already filled to capacity? the gourami's are just such pretty fish and add such personality to the tank im gonna miss mine =(

thanks in advance

What are your parameters? Have you tried feeding you gourami peas? He may be constipated. Have you seenn his poo? are his scale sticking out? I wouldn't add any fish untill you figure out what is wrong with him.

i was told epsom salt, but right now i cant even get him to move, but no i had zagz help me in the unhealthy fish forum, but i think it's to late now, his scales are not sticking out and i had nitrite at 0 ammonia at 0, and nitrate at around 20

when you say peas you mean the kind at the grocery store?

zagz recommended epsom salt and im on my way out the door to go get it but i dont know if it will be in time

If Zagz is helping you, you are in good hands. Yes I meant regular frozen peas, you blanch one, skin it and chop it up. It can help with constipation if he is eating.

Back
Top Bottom