Stocking question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettyfish_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello fish lovers :)
I have a
29 Gallon freshwater aquarium
Large Fuval pump for good airation via bubblestones X 2
Large waterfall filter - very good quality (Says on box for 20-75g)
Live plants (X 4)
If I go by the old "1inch of fish per gallon rule" do I measure fish from nose to end of body? Or end of tail fins?.... As I have some fish with big/long tail fins. And do I include "cleaners" such as pleco, red tail shark + snails and things that help clean my tank?
I have in tank now:
Opaline gourami
Golden Gourami
Skirted Tetra (Yes I know I need more!)
Dalmation Molly
Swordtails X 2
Red Tail Shark
Pleco

I live in a rural area so I have to order/buy my fish from a local feed store! (Yes one out of five feed stores in my town sells fish, birds, reptiles, and supplies :ROFLMAO:)

Thanks in advance for your help!! :) :fish1:
Here's a picture of my tank

http://instagram.com/p/hUF6Lch2ms/
If you want to see more of my fish related stuff, feel free to at

http://instagram.com/bcprettyfish_#

To go and see my other pics and fish you will have to copy and paste everything above and include the underscore and pound sign....think that will work. JUST CLICKING on the link won't work and not sure why. Happy fish watching

Have a great day everyone!

-Sarah:fish2:

Last edited:
From memory the tail fin was not included. But it was all fish and at full size. A few snails wouldn't be here or there. But it breaks down pretty quick unless you are used to adjusting on the fly. For example my tank has by the rule 10 spare inches which could go on catfish but as I have 4 b/n catfish and 4 loaches, the floor real estate is pretty crowded already :)

I find in the shop that imagining them at full size helps a lot rather than as is. The aqadvisor website is pretty handy for stocking for an idea.
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Back
Top Bottom