Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronson00

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The reason for this post is 2 fold.
1- Acquiring fish for a 120 gallon aggressive tank and needing to move that tanks current occupants.
2- What will fit in and do well in a 50 gallon breeder complete setup I got for a song at a rummage sale yesterday.

My current stock in the 120 gallon is as follows-
24 Tiger Barbs - 2"
6 Glass Catfish - 2-3"
6 Red Wag Platties - 1-2"
6 Sunburst Platties - 1-2"
6 Yoyo loaches - ~3"
2 Rainbow sharks (1 Albino-1 Standard,not important) - 2"
1 Rubber Lipped Pleco - 4"
1 Striped Raphael Catfish - 4"
1 LARGE Golden Chinese
Algae eater - 9"
4 Marbled Crayfish - 3-4"

I know it sounds like a lot of fish but my plan already was to split the Tiger Barb school into two smaller 12 fish schools. One going in a tank at work and the other hopefully going into another tank here at home but now possibly this new breeder.

The breeder tank with be running an eheim 2215, a 300w heater, hopefully a sand substrate, a decent sized piece of driftwood and Texas holey rock as decor, plenty of bubbles, and hopefully live plants in time.

As for the new aggressive tank this is the stocking that is going in there -
1-Clown Knife fish - 14"
2-Florida Gar 13" -14"
1- Pleco - 13"
1-Pictus Catfish - 6"
2-Catfish bottom feeders - 4-6"(no clue what they are)

This stocking is already in a 90 gallon tank of my neighbor and he is getting out of the hobby and need fish out. Will be getting his 90 gallon that the remaining fish from the 120 gallon will be going.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I like to see people who know how big there fish well get! Most ppl jest buy and don't think about it in the long run.

The gars will eventually be going into my pool/aquarium project along with a Pangasius catfish and 2 fire eels.

That project will be turning my 15'x30'x5' in ground pool into a huge in ground aquarium. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't go crazy over budget.

Back
Top Bottom