Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have five nerite snails, two mystery snails 10 ember tetras and a Betta in a. 10 gallon. Aquadvisor says I’m 90 percent stocked. With just the Betta and the embers I’m 60 percent. I was thinking of rehoming some snails and then putting up a divider and getting another Betta. The divider has holes large enough for the ember tetras to swim through and enjoy the whole tank. Aquadvisor says I’d also be 90 percent stocked with that combo without snails. Is this sight accurate? Not sure if my current Betta will be depressed if he’s used to the 10 gallon but I really would like to save another Betta fish. Also, what bubble filter can anyone recommend for a 10 gallon? My tanks is heavily planted

Agreed. I know it’s tempting to “save” bettas from their cups remember those are always meant to be temporary holding. You’re creating a permanent home.

Aqadvisor may be right that your tank can handle the bioload of that number of fish but that doesn’t take into account that bettas don’t like neighbors of their own species and some have issues with tankmates in general. Crowding bettas with tankmates is not a great idea.

If you want some more activity in the tank you might see if your lfs has some larger ghost shrimp. Again this may or may not work but I have had larger ghost shrimp with bettas in community tanks that did fine ( until I left on vacation and betta got hungry.... I’d always come home to one less shrimp......)

Back
Top Bottom