Stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C.w.deegan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have a 36 gallon bow front tank I want to add more fish but I don't want to overstock it and was wandering how much more I can fit in it if any. Right now I have 6 plattys 3 sword tails and 5 panda corydoras if I go by the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule il pretty close to fully stocked but it seems like there is alot of extra room in the tank still but im somewhat of a newbie and I don't want to over stuff my tank and stress all my fish out. Thank you for any advice you can give me.
C.w.d

Attachments

• 16212531205994348438903316422718.jpg
    16212531205994348438903316422718.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I also have a 36 gal bowfront and I currently have around 30 fish in it. In addition to Rasboras, I have a school of Black Neons, a couple of YoYos and some Bolivian Rams and Apistos Cockatoos, along with several misc. like Endlers and Embers.

Mine is pretty heavily planted, and I had caused a mini cycle due to over cleaning my filter media, so I do partial water changes every 4-5 days. My water is crystal clear.

Maybe some would think I'm overstocked, but I'm not experiencing any problems at all. I think you would be okay adding some fish, but that's my opinion.

I tried to add a picture of my tank, but it always comes up sideways. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong....

I agree with the 1in per gallon rule generally. If you have a good filter and a well planted tank though... yeah I have to agree with Dreamroper that you could stock more.
If you have males and females though it might be better to leave them be and have space for babies if they breed though.

Back
Top Bottom