Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Stocking questions

I have 6 guppys and 8 neon tetras in a 20 gallon I know the guppys will increase their numbers over time. I want to add either more neon tetras or another school of small schooling fish but I also don't want to over crowd the tank any suggestions on how many more neon to add or another schooling fish that will coexist with the guppys and neons

Old 11-15-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

If it werent for your recent post about not being able to keep corys alive i would say those. What kind of cory have you tried? Fancy giving it another go?
Old 11-15-2021, 07:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken Drum View Post
If it werent for your recent post about not being able to keep corys alive i would say those. What kind of cory have you tried? Fancy giving it another go?
I have tried panda Cory's and juli Cory's
Old 11-21-2021, 05:38 PM   #4

I have a breeder tank now, 29g, with albino corys and guppies thriving, but my tetras like to die off. The question I guess I'd ask you is, are you buying at least 4 cory's? I was told they must be in groups.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:11 AM   #5

Every time I have tried Cory's I would buy atleast 4 or 5 and they always die off 1 by 1. I tried them in 2 different tanks that are established. All my other fish are healthy and happy but for what ever reason Cory's always die.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:13 AM   #6

I would get them from my lfs as juveniles usually only 1 to 1.25 inches long. They always look healthy and active in the lfs tanks and seem fine when I would add them into my tanks but within a couple days I would lose 1 or 2
Old 11-25-2021, 02:12 PM   #7

Wow I'm the same way with the cardinal tetra. I bought 10 a week ago and down to 3 but the guy said that always happens. But I think I have a pregnant one.
Old Yesterday, 02:50 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Do you know your water condition (gh,kh,ph,nitrate)? Also do you know if the cory you tried to add were wild or tank raised (tank raised mean bred in tanks as oppose to wild caught) ?

Tags
question, questions, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com