Stocking re-arrangement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyrmir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I managed to save my 30 gallon from the deal with my wife. So instead of only having the new 75 gallon, I'll have the 75, 30 and 10 gallon tanks.

Wich of course means MORE FISH! :D

The current plan is to get rid of all but about 6-8 swordtails, and move them all to the 30 gallon tank. Probably along with the Danio's, and the Betta since he seems to like the swords. That should leave a good bit of bio-room in the 75 gallon, and the 10 gallon will be empty for quarentine/fry/Snail preserve.

Anywho, what I'm wondering is I'm thinking about picking up some German Blue Rams for the 75 gallon. How well will they get along with Panda's, Angels and Rasbora's? And should I get just one pair, or 4 of them? If just a pair, I'm also thinking about a pair of Sailfun Mollies (Big Al's down the street has been getting some fantastic looking golden Sailfin Mollies)

I believe there are some members who keep angels and German Blue Rams together succesfully, so I don't think you should expect any trouble from that. Panda cories and rasboras are fine with German blue rams.
Don't know about keeping them in pair or 4 of them though. Your 75g could easily take 4 of them bioload-wise. But I don't have blue rams, so I don't know about social interaction between 2 pairs.

How many rasboras, pandas and angels will be in there?

Be carefull with the sailfin mollies, they will (like all livebearers) take over your tank if you don't watch it :wink: You could always keep a small predaory fish in your tank though, to get rid of 'excess' babies.....I kept a killiefish in with my guppies and never had any problems with my tank getting crowded.

I would keep several of the Rams together, not just a pair. The more that you have, the more likely you will have a mating pair in the future. Panda's and Rams are compatible, I currently have them housed together.

I currently have angels (one mated) pair in my 75 gal along with both GBR's and Bolivian Rams. They ignore each other most of the time unless they happen to venture into the angels territory and it's just a matter of a quick chase away.

I have 4 GBR's (hoping to get at least one pairing...I know one of them is female). The Bolivians were almost a gift that was too good to give up. They are still juvenile ATM.

I would suggest stocking of 3/4 juvie angels and 4-5 GBR's.

Okies sounds good. I was worried about mating aggression between the rams and the angels, but it sounds like that can be mitigated. My 4 angels are still a bit young for pairing up I think, so I haven't seen myself just how much aggression to expect from them yet, and I've never kept rams.

Billsgate, there are 4 Angels, 7 Rasbora's and 4 (about to be 6 or 7) Panda's.

There's also a common pleco in the tank, but he's probably going to end up in the 30 until or if he gets bigger.

And with the mollies, I'm not worried about extra fry. The 10 gallon is enough to grow out a batch, and if the local pet stores don't want them, there's some friendly cichlids in a friends tank that would love to meet them.

Back
Top Bottom